A weekend alcoholic is an individual who generally only drinks on the weekends. However, their weekend drinking is easily identified as binge drinking, or drinking greatly.
What is an alcoholic? Do alcoholics have tasks? Do alcoholics drink from dawn to dusk? Many alcoholics do have jobs, and unlike the misconception, they generally do not drink all day and all night long.
An alcoholic might just start with one drink, and then ultimately, it leads to increasingly more until it ends up being out of control. Alcoholism has numerous variations, consisting of weekend alcoholism. If you or a loved one is dealing with alcohol abuse here at Managed Care Center, we can help.
Drinking excessive at the end of the week might stereotypically be seen as a release, but it is harmful to your body. You can experience difficulty sleeping. Throughout that little time, taking in a lot of alcohol can result in alcohol poisoning or, in some instances, a coma. Extended drinking can cause liver issues and other health issue.
With weekend drinking, it is possible to end up being reliant or addicted. Individuals who drink just on weekends may not discover a reason to get the assistance they need, or they may even deny themselves help and self-care.
Roughly 1/10 of people in the United States struggle with alcoholism. About 33% of people throughout America drink excessively. Many people question, when is it still casual and when is too much?
1. The Inability to Stop After One Drink
One indication you might be a weekend alcoholic is not being able to stop drinking after one drink. Your body begins to crave a 2nd, third, and fourth drink. Some weekend alcoholics do not even understand just how much they do drink in such a short time period. If this is the case for you, it might be a good idea to take an evaluation of your alcohol consumption at this time.
2. Justifying a Reward by Using Alcohol
Another way you might be a weekend alcoholic is by using alcohol as your reward system. All of us have celebrations to commemorate, whether it is a wedding event or a promotion. One method to prevent weekend binge drinking is redirecting your reward to celebrate in a different method. This can include buying yourself something you wanted. Another way you can celebrate is to go to a show or even dinner. Taking a trip would be a huge reward to commemorate a huge triumph in your life.
3. The Regret Compounds with Drinking
The feeling of guilt the day after is an indication you could be a weekend alcoholic. Knowing you set a goal to only drink one or 2 beverages, and then you end up drinking heavily the whole weekend, makes you embarrassed. If you are dissatisfied in yourself for drinking excessive, there are ways to fight this. It can be as simple as learning to enjoy your days off without liquors.
4. Being Sober vs. Drinking: Do You Act Differently?
If drinking causes you to act in a different way than you would when you are sober, you may be a weekend alcoholic. If you state or do something you would not normally do, it may be a sign of a problem. If drinking helps you with your shy nature, this might be a sign of an issue. When alcohol aids with tension is another sign of a problem. If alcohol assists you in social scenarios and with stress and anxiety, this might be an indication of a weekend alcoholic. It may likewise be an indicator of a bigger problem you are attempting to self-medicate. When dealing with tension and stress and anxiety, let us here at MCCAOD help you get the aid you require.
5. Risking Family and Friends
With weekend binge drinking, you may be risking your relationships. You might be preventing friends or family due to your drinking. Close friends and family can recognize there is a problem. Eventually, your relationships will suffer, and you need to choose what is more important to you. Which will you choose your relationships or your weekend binge drinking?
6. Risking Task Goals for Drinking
The reality that you risk your job improvement could be another indication that you are a weekend alcoholic. Weekend binge drinking can cause problems at work. An indicator of weekend binging is hiring sick on Mondays. Whether you are employing sick every once in a while, or every Monday, it will impact your task, and job performance. If you go in on Monday and feel terrible, this too will affect your task and job efficiency.
7. When Drinking Consumes Your Thoughts
Let’s face it, everybody eagerly anticipates the weekend. Drinking does not have to be a part of that. There is an issue when it consumes your thoughts. When you are looking forward to the weekend to drink can be another indication you are a weekend alcoholic. When the idea of drinking or getting to the weekend to drink consumes you, there is a possibility of an issue.
8. To Keep a Slight Buzz
When all weekend long, you slowly drink on alcoholic beverages to preserve a small high is an indicator of a weekend alcoholic. Many weekend alcoholics will continuously drink on alcoholic beverages to keep their buzz. If you are taking a look at your weekends as a chance to drink from the time you wake-up, until bedtime, it is possible you are a weekend alcoholic.
Acceptance of Alcohol and Stereotypes of an Alcoholic
The approval of alcohol makes it easier for somebody to end up being a weekend alcoholic. Since alcohol is so socially acceptable, it does take away the preconception of becoming an alcoholic. Alcohol is at every event, whether it is a brand-new job or a wedding event, alcohol exists to celebrate with you.
Stereotypes likewise make it harder to identify what is an alcoholic. They are not the bumbling morons constantly falling, as seen on T.V. This stereotype makes it a lot more difficult to evaluate if somebody is an alcoholic or not.
There are people who work quite well while drinking. They are called functioning alcoholics. A working alcoholic can conceal their weekend binges. These people are good at pulling the wool over their loved one’s eyes and individuals who are close to them. They can operate at work, and their domesticity are doing fine. There is still a factor to be concerned.
A working alcoholic can, to their death, can become a non-functioning alcoholic. This can occur gradually. At some point, the weekend alcoholic needs a growing number of alcohol to get the same pleasure as they did when they initially started to drink.
A person who is a weekend alcoholic might be hard to discover. The person themselves may not even realize that they are a weekend alcoholic. They might reason with themselves thinking it is “self-deserved.” They seem like they have actually striven all week, and they should have to drink. Another idea is, how can I be an alcoholic? I only drink on weekends? I are worthy of to let my hair down and have a drink. This thought process can hamper an individual from getting the essential aid they require.
How to Stop Weekend Drinking
Here are some basic ways to help end the weekend drinking binge:
- One way to keep from binge drinking on the weekend is to stay busy. Some concepts read, playing video games, entertaining, or cooking for somebody unique.
- Another way to break the chain of weekend alcoholism is to work over the weekend. Not just will working keep your mind off alcohol, but it will also score points with your employer.
- Another great way to have a healthy weekend is to exercise. Exercising helps release endorphins, which helps you feel good. Some terrific working out tips are strolling, running, hiking tracks, water or snow skiing, playing a sport, and going to the gym. Being active not just launches endorphins, but it will also keep your mind off alcohol.
- An excellent method to stay up to date with health and kick the weekend binge drinking is by eating healthy and looking after yourself. This might consist of taking the essential vitamins to remain healthy.
- Doing something that really gives you joy, like being outside or going to the beach, is another concept to stop weekend binging.
- A terrific start to end weekend binge drinking is to prevent locations that have alcohol.
- Another excellent idea for kicking the weekend binge drinking is not to hang out with people who trigger you to drink. Individuals who drink exceedingly may be a failure to your success going alcohol-free. People who irritate you may make you wish to drink.
- If a loved one needs help avoiding drinking and will refrain from doing it by themselves, have an intervention. An intervention is a small event of individuals who love the person battling with addiction. They assist let the person understand they are there for them.
- If you or a loved one needs help to quit drinking alcohol, getting expert help is always a great concept.
Get More Information
It is very important for you to get all the facts on any disease including alcohol. Understanding is the primary step towards recovery. Know your requirements, and what types of programs are offered for you. If you or a loved one is struggling with weekend binge drinking, contact us at Managed Care Center. You will be grateful you did.